Dr Andrew Zakarian Reviewed by
Missus F. A Google User
A superb dentist! He is very gentle, with great staff and is a holistic practitioner, so doesn't use fluoride and uses bio-compatible products for fillings and caps. I went to him because he removes & replaces mercury fillings in a safe way, following the Huggins protocol!
- Beautiful office with a soothing atmosphere - very rare for a dental office! Dr. Zakarian is lovely, very gentle when giving shots and a great dentist. He only diagnoses what absolutely has to be done and is quite conservative in his findings - you won't be ripped off here! We love the fact he is holistic and doesn't use Fluoride or mercury fillings...in fact, he is the only Huggins provider south of Los Angeles. Love his staff too~ A Google User
- Dr. Z is the best dentist I have seen. I had a really bad experience with Poway Family Dental, so I came to Natural Dental Arts. The staff here was super friendly and professional. It feels GREAT to have personal service from a small office like Dr. Zakarian's rather than a Corporate Dentist that treats you like a walking $ sign. Rebecca, the office manager requested my x-rays from my previous dentist to save me money and Dr. Z gave me an honest consultation regarding my treatment plan. At my previous dentist, they tried to upsell me on unnecessary services. Dr. Z and staff gave me choices and explained the benefits... offering advice and choices that would benefit me the most. For once I actually have a relationship with my doctor and look forward to my next visit ~ A Google User
- Dr. Zakarian and his entire team are wonderful! I had my first appointment yesterday. I felt that Dr. Zakarian, aside from being aligned with my holistic approach to life, was very thorough and thoughtful. His staff is meticulous. My teeth have never felt as clean the day after! Everyone is so nice and willing to accommodate your needs. I have a healthy fear of dentists, but was put at ease at Dr. Zakarian's office. I know I'm in good hands. ~ Giovanna M.
- Dr. Zakarian is a marvel. Okay I am exaggerating. He is just a wonderful dentist that has been serving the area for several years. I have gotten to know him well through his service and his recommendations for other oral services for orthodontia, oral surgery and other dental requirements outside of his purview. I would recommend him to more people as much as I can because he knows how to treat his patients with humor, a nice and quiet environment and of course an atmosphere of no pressure regarding getting work done unless its necessary. He understands if you are not able to immediately get everything you need done based on the cost of services, he is willing to explain what is most important to take care of. ~ Melanio F.
- I like Dr Zakarian's office because they are naturalists. They don't believe in unnecessary treatments and always opt for natural remedies. I have a lot of issues and feel like I can work with him to help prevent these issues in the future. I usually have tons of questions and he makes sure they are all answered. The front desk person, Rebecca, is so sweet and sincere. Always takes time to listen and fit me in when it works for me. ~ Cristyn C.
- This is by far the best dentist I've ever had. All the great things people say about him are so very true. In fact, because I have such a great experience there...I think I go without hesitation, where in the past Id avoid the dentist only delaying the inevitable. Dr. Z and his staff are warm, welcoming, and smart! I had to have a tooth removed and fillings replaced and he was great in both instances. Plus...he and his staff are awesome people to top it all off! ~ L.V.
- Dr. Zakarian was wonderful! He has great bedside manners and a friendly personality. All the receptionists are extremely sweet and friendly, you feel like they actually care that you are there. Plus you get a discount when you pay by cash/check! I will most definitely be coming back here for all my dental needs. ~ Andrew H.
- Dr. Z initially saved me close to $10,000 by treating me conservatively and naturally. I have had a Holistic Clinic in San Diego for over 20 years and initially I was apprehensive to Dr. Z's use of the word "holistic". This term has been used without substantial training by many. The reality is he is significantly trained in all aspects of Dentistry and health and brings that to his patients in a very professional and personal way. Dr Z is constantly taking advanced training. I have had nothing but good reports from all the patients I have refered to him as well as my family, and we are all a picky group. Dr. Z is a perfectionsist....I want that in a Dentist. ~ Brett S.
- Dr. Zakarian is an absolutely amazing dentist! He did an incredible job in repairing the tooth that others had recommended for extraction and the bridge he made looks (and feels!) so natural that even I can't tell the difference between the bridge and my 'real' teeth. After a long time, I finally found a dentist who is caring, professional, and whom I completely trust. Needless to say, I highly recommend him! ~ Anon
- Dr. Zakarian is outstanding! He combines the latest dental techniques with new concepts in "alternative healing". He's helped my husband and myself with several teeth issues (including receding gums and teeth grinding) that three other doctors could not figure out. We recommend "Dr. Z" to everyone we know. ~ Anon
- Excellent dentist. Has a sense of humor and helpful if you are not ready to commit to major adjustments. Helpful and recommends other specialists. You will be assured a good dentist when you sign up with Dr. Zakarian. ~ Anon
Dr. Zakarian is an Associate of the IAOMT, the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. This membership shows a strong commitment to biological dental practices.
The IAOMT is not tied to age-old paradigms or by what would stand as the conventional wisdom of general dentistry. As all things evolve, so should the way we practice dentistry. The IAOMT constantly reviews new data from scientific research in order to find innovative solutions to dental problems. Since 1984, when the organization was founded, they have operated by the motto “show me the science.”
This motto has been maintained for the three decades the organization has been educating dentists on safer practices for their patients. The IAOMT now has several hundred members in North America and chapters in fourteen countries around the world. Not only has the work of the IAOMT led to mountains of evidence pointing to the dangers of mercury in dental fillings, the organization has also paved the way for dentists to approach dental care with the use of biocompatible materials and techniques.
Dentists are responsible for the health and wellbeing of their patients. As such, it is our duty to consider new ideas that come from reliable research. One of the methods of IAOMT dentists is to practice using biologically compatible or biocompatible techniques and materials. An IAOMT dentist does not use dental amalgam. Furthermore, this dentist has been trained in the safety protocol set forth for the removal of amalgam dental fillings. This practice is maintained because IAOMT members understand mercury toxicology, fluoride toxicology, and are extensively trained to understand periodontal disease.
Natural Dental Arts is a boutique dental practice in central San Diego offering services to discerning individuals, our patients come from as far as Los Angeles & Yuma to visit us. If you live in the Greater San Diego Area, North County, including Escondido, Carlsbad, and all communities in between, a visit with an IAOMT dentist is worth the drive.
Contact our office today for your appointment with Dr. Andrew Zakarian.